Wednesday 24 June 2009

All things summery....





Ok so to follow on from my last post above is a picture of Farlington from my walk. It is a protected site and is great for waders and other water birds.

This weeks focus seems to be back to jewellery and beads. I've been looking into fresh jewellery designs and trying to suss out the best way to photograph my existing pieces. I like the idea of using trees, bark as my stands - I've looked at soo many pieces displayed on laminate floor in poor light that I want to spend a bit of time on this. As for creating I'm getting my new designs down on paper but finding the time to create them is something else. Along side my jewellery making I've started to dabble in making glass beads. I use the hothead set up with a can of mapp gas so you can only do short sessions before it freezes up but if you plan them well you can make about 5 or 6 beads. Handmade glass beads are magical, they are like mini pieces of art and the creations some of the more experienced lampworkers make are just breathtaking. The problem is this - of course it encourages you to run before walk but I need to take a step back and master the basics! From before I took a photo of the lapis/bluestone necklace to give you a taster.








No comments:

Post a Comment