Friday 12 August 2011

A Bit Craftastic...fused glass, wirework, lampworking and gluing!


So above is one of the tester pieces from the other week. How awesome does that pic a mix style look? I was pretty excited with the results. I've had no chance to get on with any more fusing as have been playing with a few other ideas over the last couple of weeks. Below is a new design of bracelet using the popular vine wirewrapping technique I thought finishing with ribbon made a good change to the ordinary lobster clasp.

I made my first set of even sized beads which was very exciting. It was my friend's 40th birthday and she likes turquoise so I thought I'd set myself the challenge. What do you think?

Also I had my first play with the new glue gun. Very messy but lots of fun. I got a bit carried away and this 1 is a bit heavy so I will have to style my hair securely in an up do for it to sit correctly due to it's weight.

My goodies have arrived so I can make my own fascinator for Pamela's wedding at the end of the month. I've taken inspiration from Philip Treacy's Butterfly hats and ordered lots of green and black butterflies! Watch this space!
Have a great weekend, Elisa x

1 comment:

  1. welcome to beads in bulk , we are one of the leading jewelry wholesale online markets in china who focus on export fashion jewelry items to all over the world.

    ReplyDelete